Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Week 2-Questions and answers w/ some naughty words...

~He better send pictures soon...but isn't this beautiful??~

This is from me (his mom)

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:25

Dear Favorite Son,
I would write you a long letter, but I hate for you to spend all your computer time reading instead of typing. I think I am going to Dear Elder you a letter but then again, I don't know when you will get it. So I am going to list my questions here and I'll write the loooooong newsy letter for Dear Elder. Sound good? I thought you would see it my way… Just kidding.

1. Are you getting along with your companion?
2. Did you get a white tie yet?
3. Did you get our package?
4. Did your shoes come yet?
5. Do you want to spend $200 for a new 3rd Gen. I-Touch?
6. What is your schedule like?
7. What is your favorite thing to do there?
8. Are the sister missionaries looking good yet?

I love you!!!!! I will write more in the other letter. I sooooooo look forward to Tuesdays because we get to hear from YOU!!! Oh…would you mind cutting and pasting the questions with the answers? Thanks. You are awesome!
Love you!
~Mom

I'm going to write you the real letter right now….

His Response:

Sorry i'm doing it as a reply, but it won't let me copy and paste on these computers. They're slightly retarded because they are as close to lockdown as they can be while still being operational.

My companions and I are getting along just fine. We haven't had any issues yet.....I don't anticipate any issues coming either. Funny tidbit though....you might have to edit this....Elder R has all sorts of Australian slang that he uses and Elder S and I have to figure out what he means. The other day during personal study he said from across the room, "Hey! Either of you have a rubber?" We just stopped and stared at him and asked "WHAT?" Well it turns out that he was talking about a pencil eraser. We were dying in our chairs because we figured that he didn't mean condom, but he had no idea what he just said to us. We had to explain it. He is also rather fond of the d and h word....they don't carry a negative connotation in Australia at all, so we'll be walking down the hall way and he'll drop something and just fly off with the d word and we have to tell him to shut up. He's also rather fond of the pri** word......Your favorite, mom.....

I don't have a white tie yet....for some reason the only white ties they have in the bookstore are the lame zipper ones for 8 year olds. Im not sure what I'm gonna do, but I still have time.

That package was like the holy grail! Thanks to everyone that was involved in sending it. I ate/shared all of the Lindt chocolate and I've only had like 3 off the Little Debbie things. I've got to make them last. They're the best though. We decided that the food here is pretty good....at the table....but you'll pay for it later. It's crazy. I don't know what they put in it. How do you make an innocent plate of spaghetti into something that will liquify and erode your insides just a few hours later? It's pure witchcraft. The most important thing i've learned is which soups to stay away from....chicken and dumplings is way nasty.

I don't have the shoes yet. We haven't checked the mail today yet. Maybe they'll be here today. That would be nice.

I think I'll hold off on the I touch. Who knows what'll be out in 2 years. Although if Brianne wants to pay $200 bucks, she can go for it. Im not sure if she has the money or wants to spend it, but she can go for it if she wants to.

The schedule is a little different each day. We do the same things every day, but the order switches around. On Monday, We wake up between 6 and 6:30, fight for a hot shower, go to breakfast at 7, have class at from 7:30 to 10:30, have personal time for an hour and then go to lunch from 11:30 to 12:15. Then we have gym from 12:25 to 1:15 and then we have TALL at 1:45 (computer language training. You click on words and a native speaker says it and then you record your voice saying it and realize how terrible you sound. It periodically quizes you on previously leaned words) for an hour. Then we have individual language study until 4:30 when we have dinner. It's so lame that we eat so early, but oh well. You just pile up on food so you aren't hungry at 10. We then go back to class at 5:15 until 8:15. We then have personal study until 9:00. Then is the half hour for planning the next day. We go back to our residence hall at 9:30 to unwind and then we have lights out at 10:30. That's my day....depending on the day it's just a different order that they go in.

My favorite thing is probably sleep!!!! I miss my daily 2 hour naps. I think I've mastered the art of the power nap. I read until i can't keep my eyes open, put my head down for 20 minutes, sit up again and go for the rest of the day. I also like the devotionals and firesides...and we watch some sort of church movie afterwards. We watched The Testaments this week, which was pretty good, except the guy that played Jesus looked like a geico caveman. The speakers are always interesting though. By the end of the firesides I always get pumped and think, "I can do this", but then i go to class the next day and go back to square one. That's the thing about the mission I guess.....the highs are high and the lows are lows. Brat J said that disappointment and frustration are events. Discouragement is a choice, so we just try to keep up good spirits.

Elder S and I taught ourselves how to whine in Slovene this week. We decided we would use the words during lessons to see his response. We learned "To je nemegoče" (this is impossible) and "Glava Me Boli" (My head hurts). We sprung them on him when we couldn't figure out what he was saying and he just started cracking up. It was fun. we also switched name tags when he left the room, but it took him half an hour to notice and he had a lame reaction. We got another teacher this week too. Sanja, our frustrating investigator is actually our other teacher, Sis. K. She's cool, but she's harder because she won't let us look at our notes when she asks us questions, which I guess is good because it forces us to learn stuff.

We decided that some of the sis missionaries aren't too bad, but we're still hesitant because we don't know if it's because of disparity.

I sent stuff in the mail yesterday. I sent letters to Brianne and Mollie in the same envelope (got to save stamps) and I also sent a thing of like 20 pictures with descriptions on the back. If you want, you can scan them and throw them on the blog. I'm almost out of time. Sorry if i didn't answer all of the questions. I look forward to hearing from you guys and whoever else see's this and decides to write. Until next week....

Ljubiti,

P.J. (Starešina Quinn)

p.s. i found the characters on the key board.....

No comments:

Post a Comment