Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 1-part 3-handwritten letter

~Ljubliana-Slovenia~ How beautiful!!

This is a letter he sent in the mail. Some of it is a repeat but with more detail. I like this letter because his personality comes out in it more.

1/12/11

Moj druzino (My family)

(Moy drew-sheen-oh)-roll the “r”

First of all, I’m not really supposed to write outside of P-days, which is on Tuesday. So expect an e-mail then (unless this gets to you after then). The people here only got one of my MMR vaccination dates on the vaccine form (the one from when I was 5) and they need the other date (which should be when I was a baby). They just need it faxed if you can find it..

Anyways, business aside, I’m doing pretty well. We have an interesting companion set up. My companions are Elder S , who was in my ward last year (in Shipp. I didn’t know him, from Missouri and is normal). My other companion is Elder R. He’s from Tasmania and has a pretty sweet accent. This is his first time in the U.S. and all he really has to say about it is that our toilets are weird because they use a lot of water. Elder S and I are the only two missionaries here Slovenscina. It’s crazy. Our instructor, Brat J has been back for a year and he said that it’s awesome over there and the food’s great. At least I think that’s what he said. He’s not allowed to speak English (Anglesko) to us, but he still talks a lot, so it ends up turning into a game of charades. Sometimes he’ll tell us to do something or ask us something and we just stare and laugh at him. He seems like a cool guy though yesterday on the first day I just sat in class while we learned introductions and testimonies and just thought to myself, “I’m really gonna learn this?” Now after a couple hours of studying I think, “I’m really gonna learn this!”

We have 6 people in my district. 3 sisters going to Croatia and Elder S, and the Elder R (I don’t want to write it out again) is going to Serbia. He’s considered a Solo Elder. He goes to class with the Croat sisters, since Serbian is Croatian with the Cyrillic (sp?) alphabet, but outside of class the 3 of us are companions. Sorry, but this letter is not organized at all.

I know it’s only been 2 days, but the food doesn’t seem too bad. How bad can it be if you don’t have to cook it or do the dishes? They have donuts at breakfast and lunch and Minute Maid and soda drink machines for every meal. I’m addicted to orange juice.

I was so scared on the tram ride. The 3 guys I was with were so obnoxious. They all went to BYU-I, go figure…When I finally got here and met my companions it got a lot better.

Guess what! Tomorrow morning Elder S and I have to teach an “Investigator” named S in Slovencina for 30 minutes. We already know we’re gonna crash and burn, but it’s expected.

I’m getting a good workout so far. Our room is on the 4th floor and our classroom is on the 3rd floor of a different building. ALL STAIRS!

I think that’s about it. Feel free to shoot me another e-mail before Tuesday with any new questions you may have. I’m doing well and enjoying myself. No need to worry.

Ljubezen, (Love),
P.J.
P.S. or you can think of me as Staresina Quinn because it sounds much more official.

(Crayon Sketch of Missionary tag)

Doesn’t it seem weird that I have a tag? I actually have 2 of them!

*Picture courtesy of http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotos-g274873-Ljubljana.html,2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment