Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Quick note on New Year's....


                                                                                                                                  12/31/12

Hey Beach Bums!  (we spent Christmas in Miami as a family...)


So, this week wasn't too eventful. It sounds like you did more there. 

That's cool about the shelling island. I've gotten quite a bit since being here. I have no idea what I'll do with any of them, which means I'll just leave them at the apartment once I leave this city. 

It was so good to Skype and talk to you guys. It was the highlight of Christmas for me. After the call I just played games with the sisters while Elder A talked to his family and then we went home and went to bed.  

I can't believe that tomorrow is 2013. Where did 2012 go? It was a year ago tomorrow that I gave my farewell talk in church. Isn't that crazy? 2012 has definitely been a crazy year; probably the craziest year of my life.  Imagine spending a year where you don't really know what the heck the general public is saying to you....It's called a mission in Croatia ;). It's actually kind of funny. I don't know what did it, but I feel like the language is just starting to click. It's really weird. I don't think that it's anything that I've done. It's just like my brain is finally starting to adjust to it. Not a moment to soon either.....dang. I'm still nowhere near ever being fluent, but maybe I'll get there by the time I go home. 

We're going to have a branch birthday party for Elder M, the new senior couple guy...Today he's turning 70. So we're going to have a cake and some members are bringing food. It'll be cool. 

Everyone here thinks I'm crazy because I wanted to take the decorations down. They say that it's Christmas time until January 7th.  

We had a good lunch with F and Z , a member and her husband. He's a chef. He made us a good seafood risotto. You wouldn't have liked it, but it was actually really good. That was fun....there! Now I ended it on a happy note. 

I realize that I didn't say too much, so you might have to take from Bri's and Dad's. Gotta go...Sisters want the computers. Isn't it ironic that I left home and went half the world away, and I'm still constantly being annoyed by 2 sisters? Just kidding. 

Love,
P.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment