Saturday, August 25, 2012

An upcoming baptism and a LOT of walking!!



~Looking "Missionary Sharp!"  This sounds nutty, but it is still kind of surreal to see him dressed as a missionary!~


 ~That is fish and tomatoes he is eating cooked by his Landlord.  All of the landladies/landlords have fed him and his companions.  Testament of the kind and generous Croatian people!!~


Hello to the Family!

Guess what today is? Today is the one year anniversary since i opened my mission call to the Slovenia/Croatia Mission speaking Slovene for a period of 24 months! It's exciting to think that that was a year ago already....even though I'm now in The Adriatic North Mission (fun fact: if you put all of the missions in the world in alphabetical order, mine is first!) speaking Croatian for a period of 25 months. Just a word to the wise....don't trust the call letter :)!!!! This last year went by super fast. It feels like the time I waited to come out was longer than I've been on my mission so far, but I've been on my mission for 7 months, and i waited for only 5.

This last week went by so fast. The time is really starting to pick up. It's crazy. I can't believe that I've been in Zadar for over a month now and that this current transfer is just about half way done. It's just crazy. I cannot wait for summer to end though and to have people's schedules open up and have all of the tourists go home. Sometimes at night I dream about being cold outside....it might happen someday. It's already started cooling off a bit in the mornings. It's cool. Just one more summer to go on my mission!

And I'm not even going to say anything other than this about the nursery story, because that's just nasty.... It's so crazy that B**** is going off to BYU. It seems like I just left yesterday, but I got there over 2 years ago now. 

I can get the Dr. Scholl inserts here, I think. I just wanted to try Ecco...I'm not looking forward to breaking in new insoles...it's probably going to bite a lot. 

As many of the balloons as you could send. I bet that they would love them....maybe at least 5 or 6.  

I liked the picture about giving the guy a wookie better....sigh......

Sorry that you feel ripped off, but i remember seminary always starting on the same week as school, just a couple days behind so you could get a little adjusted first. Was there a three week gap last year?
 
So some exciting news: So we have a family in our branch....Well just the dad and a daughter. The dad was baptized about 4 years ago and the entire family was investigating.   Well, missionaries have been working with them for 4 years now.  Well the sister missionaries met with the mom this last week and had a good lesson with her...really good....and the end result was the mom agreeing to prepare for baptism on September 15 and allowing her 2 kids to prepare for baptism on the same day. This is so huge!  So we have one investigator with a baptismal date....And that's big because I think he will be the only deacon aged deacon in Croatia. It's going to be soooo cool. So we are starting to work more with him and just prepping him. Although he knows all the lesson backwards and forwards....He's the kid in the pictures in the tower...the one with the grey hair. I'm so excited. The kids are so excited too! And the dad was able to go to the Temple for the first time last week. The dad and one daughter both received Patriarchal Blessings,too. It's going to be so cool to see what happens for their family.

So that's our most exciting news for this week.

We keep on finding cool people throughout the week, but it's pretty difficult to get them to the investigator status because that includes meeting with them more than once, and that's just a minor issue right now. But it's all good. We'll get there. We have about 18 potential investigators that are all just waiting for another visit. So it will be way good when people start having time.

I'm doing well and i hope that you guys are as well. It's great out here in Zadar. I hope you're looking forward to visiting here when you come to pick me up. You'll enjoy it. And it will be winter, so there wont be tourists. I better get going. It was great hearing from you and i hope that you have great weeks! Enjoy the last little bit of sleep you'll get for a while!

Love,
P.J.

P.S.: Check out those insoles......




No comments:

Post a Comment